Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fun Activities


These are just some pictures of some fun activities we did during the month of October I thought I needed to share.......



I introduced my students to a really fun place value game this month. Each student draws three vertical lines on their board and labels each column with ones, tens, hundreds, thousands.  each students takes a a turn rolling the die and all of the students choose what column they want to place their number.  After four numbers have been rolled, each child goes around and reads their number to the class (good practice), I then choose a "winner card".  They say things such as, "the winner is the person with the largest total number" or "with the smallest number in the tens place".  They loved the game and begged me to allow them to keep playing it.  I have now placed it on the shelf for two students at a time to play during our work cycle.






This was a lesson I put on the self for the month.  The students have been really interested in cursive.  I have had them start cursive practice with their name.  I found this idea on Pinterest and thought it would be fun for them to create.  


First they needed to write their name in cursive on a folded in piece of paper.
 Then cut it out very close to the lines.
Next, they open their name up and it creates the torso of a skeleton and they cut out the arms, legs, hands, feet, and skull to make the rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment